Why choose the Medical Secretary training?
- It is a distance training that comes with many advantages such as flexibility.
- Your training follows your rhythm and not the other way around. You study wherever and whenever you want.
- You can carry on your learning while performing other activities such as work, education or even travel.
- The training program you will study is ensured by some of the best professionals.
- A valuable certificate or a diploma is delivered to you at the end of your training.
Who is the Medical Secretary?
The Medical Secretary is a key element of the busy and dynamic health team in any medical or paramedical structure. As a matter of fact, it is the medical secretary who holds the responsibility of managing the day-to-day related administrative activities. She therefore needs to demonstrate a strong commitment to quality customer service, apply excellent problem solving and communication skills in order to ensure the smooth running of the medical office.
What are the main duties of a Medical Secretary:
- Managing, scheduling and confirming medical appointments.
- Ensuring the communication and the reception of messages between medical staff and patients.
- Preparing and proofreading medical records, reports, articles, case histories.
- Interviewing patients, answering their questions and helping them feel at ease.
- Completing insurance and other needed forms.
- Preparing financial statements and billing procedures.
- Ordering supplies and maintaining inventory.
- Determining and establishing office procedures and routines.
- Responsible for patient registration (both CIS and Cerner), appointment booking, and maintaining of Patient Data Base.
- Preparing examining rooms for upcoming appointments and maintain consultation rooms with necessary equipment and supplies.
- Evaluation of daily mail and faxes and answering all incoming telephone inquiries.
- Typing draft medical/legal, patient-related and personal correspondence as required.
- Co-ordinating meetings and maintaining schedules.
What are the main qualities of the Medical Secretary?
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong prioritization and time-management abilities
- Full proficiency with MS Office Package medical terminology and good typing speed
- Ability to make decisions, exercise good judgment, discretion and initiative when dealing with confidential information
- Empathy and passion for helping people
How to become a Medical Secretary?
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a specialized training in the field of medical administration.
What are the main Sources of employment?
Career opportunities will arise from the relatively high turnover rate and positions that will become available as medical secretaries retire. Secretarial experience combined with relevant training provides access to supervisory and other administrative positions in the medical setting.
Where can you work with your degree?
Medical secretaries perform daily tasks adapted to the particular needs of the health sector. These specialists are employed mainly in: